How to make the perfect Stovetop Coffee
You will need:
- StoveTop/Moka Pot
- Hot water
- Rave coffee
1. Remove the basket from the Moka pot - fill the Moka Pot with hot water (not boiling water) up to just below the safety valve.
2. Take your basket and fill it with coffee and then use your finger to level it off.
3. Pop your basket in the lower chamber and screw the top on tightly.
4. Place your stovetop on the hob and lift your lid and wait for the coffee to flow. Once the stream starts to blonde and looks thin then you'll know the coffee is fully extracted.
5. Plunge the Moka pot in cold water to stop the brewing process.
Frequently asked questions
What it is & how does a moka pot work?
A stove-top coffee maker is a coffee brewing device that pushes hot water through coffee grounds under steam pressure - It produces a coffee very similar to espresso.
What coffee grind should I use for my stovetop coffee maker?
Quite fine but not powder. Grind midway between Filter and Espresso grind.
What’s the best Moka Pot brew ratio?
As a rule of thumb, one part coffee to seven parts water is the best for a stovetop brewing device.
What’s the best coffee for Moka Pot?
Try our Signature or Fudge Blend.
What can I do if my Moka Pot coffee is bitter?
If you find the Moka brew too bitter, don’t use less coffee. Firstly, consider using a lighter roast or, alternatively, add some hot water, just off the boil. Make sure your heat source isn't too high as this can scorch or overheat the coffee.
Invented in Italy in 1933 - Bialetti still produces this with over 200 million manufactured to date.