Brewing Guide - V60
What it is:
A cone dripper where the coffee sits in a cone shape filter and drips down into a cup.
A light roast with medium to high acidity such as our Colombian Finca Los Robles
Grind as you would for Filter Coffee, between Cafetiere and Aeropress
How much coffee:
How long it should brew:
How to brew:
- Place the filter paper inside of the brewer and rinse it thoroughly with hot water to remove any paper flavour or other residue.
- Boil the kettle, Water should be about 93-94 degrees.
- Grind your coffee finely and add about 20g to the filter.
- Place cup, V60 and filter on to a set of scales, tare.
- start the timer and begin the bloom (add 1-2g of water for every gram of coffee) wait 30 seconds
- Slowly add the remaining water until you hit your target (320-340ml dependant on taste and coffee being used)
- Wait until the final draw down is complete, aim for between 3-3 1/2 minutes for completion. If it's too long or too short adjust your grind and repeat.
- Sit back and enjoy your cup!
Why we like it:
It provides you with the ability to vary brew times to taste and for various coffees, something not possible with an ordinary filter/pour-over system. Its quick and easy to clean and no longer are you left with a pot of coffee that is stewing on a hot plate. Like the Aeropress, it is a great 1 cup brew method.