How to make the perfect Cold Brew Coffee
First Method: You will need:
- Hario cold brew pot
- 80g of Rave Cold Brew coffee
- 1000g of cold filtered water.
1. Place the coffee grinds into the inner mesh lined chamber within the glass decanter then weigh in 80 grams of the coffee.
2. Pour the water over the grounds. (The water will flow through quite quickly)
3. Give the coffee a little stir. Pop the lid on and leave in the fridge for eight to twelve.
Second Method: You will need:
- 100g of Rave cold brew coffee
- 500g of cold filtered water
- a vessel to make it in.
1. Using a cafetière weigh 100g of ground coffee into it then add 500g of cold filtered water.
2. Give the coffee a stir then put it in the fridge overnight for approximately 14 hours.
3. Remove the inner mesh filter and pour over some ice to enjoy
Frequently asked questions
What is cold brew coffee?
Cold Brew Coffee isn’t simply cold coffee i.e an espresso served over ice. It’s coffee that is brewed cold. Brewing involves steeping the grounds in cold water for up to 24 hours. The result is a delicious coffee concentrate that can be served chilled with ice, water or milk. Brewing cold brings out different flavours and highlights the smooth chocolatey notes.
What’s the best purpose-built cold brew coffee maker?
We like the Hario Cold Brew Coffee Pot available on our website.
What’s the best ground coffee for cold brew?
Try Rave’s Cold Brew Ground Coffee, available on our website.
What about milk and dairy alternatives in cold brew coffee?
You can use milk instead of water to dilute your cold brew concentrate. Milk alternatives can be used, our favourites are Oat, soy or almond.
Do you have any recommendations for cold brew coffee recipes?
Yes, you can find them in this post here (https://ravecoffee.co.uk/blogs/news/three-great-coffee-drinks-for-the-summer).