You will need:
Clever Dripper funnel
Burr grinder (optional)
15-20g of freshly ground Rave coffee per 400ml cup
- Boil water in the kettle and set aside to cool for up to a minute to achieve the optimal temperature for brewing approximately 94oc.
- While the water is heating, place a filter paper inside the Clever Dripper funnel, open the valve, and rinse it with hot water to remove any paper taste and preheat the Clever Dripper.
- Grind the coffee beans to the appropriate size and measure out 15-20 grams of coffee per 400 millilitre cup.
- Close the valve and add the ground coffee to the pre-rinsed filter paper in the Clever Dripper funnel.
- Pour a small amount of water (about twice the weight of the coffee) over the grounds to saturate them evenly. This is called blooming and helps to release gases from the coffee.
- After 30 seconds, pour the rest of the hot water over the coffee in a circular motion until you reach the desired water level.
- Put the lid on the Clever Dripper and let the coffee steep for about 3-4 minutes.
- Place the Clever Dripper on top of a cup and release the coffee by opening the valve at the bottom of the Clever Dripper.
- Serve the coffee and enjoy!
- After serving, clean the Clever Dripper by disposing of the used coffee grounds and filter paper, and rinsing the Clever Dripper with hot water.
Which Coffee Beans Are Best for Clever Drippers?
You don't need to be a coffee connoisseur to know that each bean has its own flavour. But knowing which bean to choose can help make a great coffee even better!
Single origin speciality grade Arabica beans tend to have a bolder, more complex taste. The beans are carefully roasted to bring out their unique flavours. If you want something smoother and less acidic, try Brazilian or Colombian blend coffees, which have body and depth.
Whatever option you choose, make sure it's fresh so it can release its full potential when brewed through a clever dripper filter. Nothing beats great-tasting coffee!
What's the Best Water Temperature for Clever Dripper Coffee?
It's easy to make great coffee with the Clever Dripper. Your coffee's flavour is influenced by the ideal water temperature.
We find that it works best with heated water between 90 and 96 degrees Celsius (195-205 degrees Fahrenheit). Above 96 °C, your grounds may scorch, resulting in bitter coffee, while below that, weak extraction and dull flavours may be produced.
Keep these homebrewing tips in mind: preheat the dripper before adding ground beans; use freshly boiled hot water between 90 and 96 degrees Celsius; adjust grind size to desired strength; steep for 3 minutes, then slowly pour over the remaining grounds; Enjoy your carefully crafted beverage!
How Much Coffee Should I Use for One Clever Dripper Brew?
To brew the ideal cup of coffee using a Clever Dripper, the water's temperature and the amount of coffee used will both play a role in the outcome. Coffee quantity depends on personal taste. However, for a good start, use 15-18g of ground coffee per 400 mL cup.
If your brew is too strong, add less grounds next time. If the flavour isn't strong enough, gradually add more until you reach your desired taste. Take notes to recreate successful recipes!
To make great coffee, don't overload your filter! Try different dose amounts while keeping all variables constant. This will ensure that those changes cause flavour changes, not grind size or water temperature. Personal preference will determine your ideal ratio, so experiment and have fun!
How Long Should I Steep Coffee in the Clever Dripper Before Pouring?
When used right, a Clever Dripper can make great coffee with some complex and flavorful notes. Knowing how long to steep your brew before pouring can make a difference.
The strength and flavour of your coffee depend on how long you let it sit. Steeping beans for more than two to four minutes may over extract them, making them bitter. If you want something weaker or lighter, try one minute and thirty seconds.
Using a Clever Dripper requires experimentation with water, grind size, and steeping time. Note each adjustment as you go so you can brew the perfect cup next time. Each bean has its own characteristics. With a few adjustments, you will be making delicious coffee at home.